Share your talent all year long! Enter Friends’ Seasonal Photo Contest!
Share your favorite photos taken within the North Fork of the Shenandoah River Watershed, which runs throughout Shenandoah County, Virginia and portions of Rockingham, Page, Warren, and Frederick counties. Subjects can include, but are not limited to, outdoor recreation, waterways, plants, trees, wildlife, natural beauty, youth, and families.
You can submit entries throughout the year, up to 10 images per season as described below. There will be four seasonal winners, and an overall winner for Photo of the Year. Please see the form below to submit your photo.
Seasonal winners will be given a snazzy FNFSR hat and a $25 gift certificate to a local merchant of their choosing. The overall winner for the year will be given a copy of the Shenandoah River Atlas by William E. Trout, a $50 gift certificate to a local merchant of their choosing, and entry into a FNFSR workshop or event of their choosing. All winners will have bragging rights forever.
Deadlines for submitting photos for each season include:
- Winter Images – March 20, 2020 (for shots taken December 22, 2019 – March 20, 2020)
- Spring Images – June 20, 2020 (taken March 21 – June 20)
- Summer Images – September 22, 2020 (taken June 21- 22 September 22)
- Fall Images – December 21, 2020 (taken September 23 – December 21)
- Photo of the Year Announcement – New Years Day 2021
Submit a high quality image in JPG or PNG format, up to 5 MB in size, and please include the following information:
- A caption for the photo
- The location the photo was taken
- The date the photo was taken
- the type of camera/format used (optional)
Terms & Conditions
FNFSR will have permission to use submitted photos in FNFSR publications and social media. Photos may be showcased on our Facebook, Instagram, website, eNews, print newsletters and other appropriate locations. Friends will only display your images in relation to our own functions, and will not take fees for their use by others.
Any questions? Email [email protected] or call 540-459-8550.
All but the last field are required.