Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
December 2018 Message from John Eckman, Executive Director. The next time you see me near Woodstock, I expect to be in…
Workshops are run in partnership with Shenandoah County Parks and Recreation. December registration is open, later workshops will come later.…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Meet 7 businesses who are giving back to the Potomac River!
- An increase in bald eagles signals the Potomac’s health is improving, but animal biodiversity is slower to rebuild
- Where did all the eels go? Why the Potomac River needs this slippery friend.
- Andrij Horodysky – Umpqua’s mad professor cometh Nov 13th!
- 2018 Legislative Roundup: Victories, compromises, and a tough loss