Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
by show curator Ellen Fairchild-Flugel The Celebrate Seven Bends art show at Muse Vineyards provided a beautiful backdrop for Friends'…
You're invited to a Wine on the Water social/fundraiser and Celebrate Seven Bends, fine art show opening on Sunday, August…
Daisy Blakely and Nadia Rauhala, Friends 2019 Summer Interns Learn more about our two very talented and devoted summer interns…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- 7 local animals making a comeback thanks to clean water
- FOSR 2019 Summer E. coli Results through 08.15.2019
- A Weekend on White Horse Mountain
- FOSR 2019 Summer E. coli Results through 08.06.2019
- 4 Reasons to Paddle with Potomac Conservancy
- FOSR 2019 Summer E. coli Results through 07.31.2019
- 5 local plants you'd never guess are invasive
- Your backyard can help clean the Potomac—here's how