Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
February 25, 2018, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
March 25, 2018, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
April 8, 2018, 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
Join us for our second free lecture series with a great line up of speakers. All lectures are held at…
We all learned a lot about soil health and stormwater at our recent “make and take” Rain Barrel and Composter…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Dolphins, and bobcats, and . . . coyotes? Oh my!
- Do your part to save our forests: Get Vocal on these 3 tree bills
- Two ways to take action for the Potomac this month
- Upstream land conservation protects locally endangered turtle
- Statement on State Water Control Board Decision to Delay Effectiveness of Certification of Atlantic Coast Pipeline
- Green roofs gaining traction as method to curb urban polluted runoff
- Potomac River study reveals close link between air and water pollution