One River, One Community, One Shared Commitment.
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
This past Thursday longtime Friends members, John and Ann Marie Cunningham of Falls Church enjoyed a beautiful, sunny float in…
Friday, July 3, start off your Independence Day weekend with Friends' Director, Dave Brotman, on a guided hike from Muse…
Friends is Growing! And we are seeking an inspired environmental educator to join as our new Program Coordinator. This person…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Everyone do your part; take your trash with you!
- FOSR’s 2020 Summer E. coli Results through 07.08.2020
- 10 local places to splash, swim, and keep cool this summer
- Cancellation of Atlantic Coast Pipeline Hailed by Shenandoah Riverkeeper
- LEAVE NO TRACE
- FOSR’s 2020 Summer E. coli Results through 07.01.2020
- FOSR’s 2020 Summer E. coli Results through 06.24.2020
- FOSR’s 2020 Summer E. coli Results through 06.22.2020