One River, One Watershed Community, One Shared Commitment.
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community-based stewardship, education and science. Our branch program, Friends of Seven Bends State Park, serves as the “community support organization” for the State Park in Woodstock, VA. We assist other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
Here It Is!... View Our Complete 'Night for the North Fork' Event Program and Auction Listings As you browse through…
POSTPONED to October 14th Current tickets will be honored; refunds available if purchased before 9/8/2023 The Rogue Farmers Join us…
A fine group of artists are featured throughout August in our 2023 Ripples & Reflections Art Show and benefit. Below…
Calling all storytellers and musicians for stories and songs of the river. Friends of the North Fork of the Shenandoah River is hosting “Voices of…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- 7 creepy critters that lurk in and around the Potomac River
- Potomac Conservancy celebrates 30 years of fighting for clean water
- History we should know: How the Potomac shaped our community
- Fall foraging along the Potomac River
- Potomac Conservancy supports the creation of the Chesapeake National Recreation Area
- FOSR’s Summer E. coli Test Results for Tuesday, August 15, 2023
- FOSR’s Summer E. coli Test Results for Tuesday, August 08, 2023