Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
In this ground-breaking collaborative, Friends of the North Fork will be working with a large cohort of Valley-based conservation organizations.…
by show curator Ellen Fairchild-Flugel The Celebrate Seven Bends art show at Muse Vineyards provided a beautiful backdrop for Friends'…
You're invited to a Wine on the Water social/fundraiser and Celebrate Seven Bends, fine art show opening on Sunday, August…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Meet the businesses making a big investment in clean water
- Executive Review: 2019 Mid-Atlantic Smallmouth Bass Health Assessment
- “Trick or treat” with 6 creepy critters from the Potomac River
- Fighting the invaders: what you can do to combat invasive fish
- A Year of Progress for the Potomac River
- Bar Flies Meet & Greet
- Research Update: Dolphins give birth in Potomac River and other discoveries
- 3 threats to the Potomac River with serious scare potential