Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
February 25, 2018, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
March 25, 2018, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
April 8, 2018, 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
Great beer takes fine water. Excellent breweries help keep that water clean. We are very pleased to announce that sales…
Join us for a unique program, tasty brunch, and brief members business meeting. 10 am to noon, March 24th, Woodstock Presbyterian…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Study finds the Potomac is getting saltier, threatening drinking water and wildlife
- 3 ways to show your love for the Potomac
- From skinny dipping to midday fishing trips, here’s how presidents enjoyed the Potomac
- 14 Local Date Spots for the Outdoor Romantic
- Dolphins, and bobcats, and . . . coyotes? Oh my!
- Do your part to save our forests: Get Vocal on these 3 tree bills
- Two ways to ‘Get Vocal, Act Local’ for clean water this month