Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
POSTPONED: We'll be in touch once we're able to reschedule. Join us for an informative presentation, tasty brunch, volunteer appreciation…
Friends is taking part in Shenandoah County Chamber of Commerce's Leap of Kindness Day. How will you use your extra…
The upcoming trail technician training workshop is required for those interested in participating in the bluebird nest box monitoring project…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Streamside Scavenger Hunt: Can you find these flowers?
- Photo Essay: Take a rainy day hike on an overlooked local trail
- Beaver Creek Invitational and TU Response COVID-19
- Ask An Expert: How to recycle like a pro (and why it matters)
- Welcome to wildflower season! Can you spot them all?
- Potomac Conservancy helps protect 200 acres near Strasburg, Virginia, home to two historic Civil War battlefields
- Streets all over the DMV are turning green. Why?
- Save the Sampling Date!