Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Photo Essay: Hike along with Team Potomac to explore an overlooked local trail
- Beaver Creek Closed April 28th 2018
- News worth sharing: The Potomac’s making a comeback!
- QUIZ: Can you name these local wildflowers?
- Shenandoah River Report!
- Potomac Riverkeeper Network Welcomes Nancy Stoner as its New President
- TU Speaker: April 10th – LE Rhodes “Fishing The James River”
- Potomac River’s health improves to a B, its highest grade ever