One River, One Community, One Shared Commitment.
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
We are seeking an inspired environmental educator to join us as our new Watershed Education/Science Program Lead. This person will…
Hello Friends, All. This really has been a year for the books. From the continuing challenges of the pandemic, to…
Interested in getting involved in a simple and important community science project helpful to our waterways?! Join the North Fork…
Are you looking for the perfect gift to bestow upon your river-enthusiastic loved ones this winter? You can support Friends…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Genuinely useful tips for getting outside this winter (Copy)
- Why do dolphins use the Potomac River?
- 4 ways Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. left his mark on the environmental movement
- QUIZ: Name that nut! Test your knowledge of local trees.
- Indigenous Voices: Discover the beauty of Nanjemoy Creek
- Ask the Expert: How does your grocery list impact the Potomac River?
- Uh, oh. Ticks are surviving winter – Here’s why