One River, One Community, One Shared Commitment.
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
- FSBSP Open Public Meeting –
- Voices of the Shenandoah: In Story and Song – Backroom Brewery – Backroom Brewery
150 Ridgemont Rd.
Middletown, VA 23113
- Voices of the Shenandoah: In Story and Song – Swover Creek Farms and Brewery – Swover Creek Farms and Brewery
4176 Swover Creek Rd
Edinburg, VA 22824
The Virginia Department of Health has issued a Harmful Algae Bloom (HAB) advisory for a 8-mile section of the North Fork…
The Lord Fairfax Health District has issued an advisory against swimming in the stretch of the North Fork along Bethel…
Last Thursday, July 15th, marked the launch of the Voices of the Shenandoah Event series featuring five storytellers and singer/songwriter…
Activities are limited to 10 participants, and will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis. All activities include a half- hour…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Decreasing Water Levels and Algal Blooms Pose Threats to Human Health
- Algae blooms increasing in the Shenandoah River watershed
- VDH POSTS ADVISORY FOR PRESENCE of CYANOBACTERIA TOXINS FOUND PORTION OF NF SHENANDOAH RIVER
- Images of Algae Blooms in the North Fork Shenandoah River
- FOSR’s 2021 Summer E. coli Results through 07.21.2021
- Keep Your Pets and Livestock Away from Potentially Harmful Algae Blooms
- Potentially harmful algae bloom in the North Fork of the Shenandoah River
- A River Rising: Flooding and Sea Level Rise in the Potomac River Region