Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
Annual Fish Fry and Auction Bid on services, sporting goods, vacations, art work, meals, and much more. Thanks to these…
Creek Freaks Educator Training Workshop When: Tuesday, July 10th, 9:30am-5pm Cost: $10 Where: Friends of the North Fork office, 305…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Nation’s Escape Triathlon and Potomac Conservancy team up for clean water
- Ask the Expert: What do we know about the dolphins in the Potomac River?
- 5 local plants you’d never guess are invasive
- Ask the Expert: Is it safe to swim in the Potomac?
- 12 places that will help you keep cool this summer
- Eagle increase indicates Potomac health is improving, but animal biodiversity is slower to rebuild