One River, One Community, One Shared Commitment.
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
Volunteers gathered at Seven Bends State Park for autumn olive removal workdays on Saturday, October 24 and Saturday, November 21.…
This fall, Friends of the North Fork teamed up with Seven Bends State Park for the North Fork Conservation Corps…
Share your favorite photos taken within the North Fork of the Shenandoah River Watershed, which runs throughout Shenandoah County, Virginia…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- What nature can teach us about this moment of transition
- 7 brilliant ways to relax, destress, and help the Potomac River (at the same time!)
- Eels are nearly extinct in the Potomac River. Here’s why we want to bring them back.
- Berries and beyond: 6 ways your winter garden can help wildlife survive the cold
- Indigenous Voices: Discover the beauty of Nanjemoy Creek
- Slide Presentation from the 2020 SRK Annual Member Meeting
- Moving forward for the Potomac River and our community
- New Potomac Report Card downgrades Potomac River’s health - see the new grade