One River, One Community, One Shared Commitment.
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
- Volunteer Appreciation BBQ/Cook-out – Outdoors at Picnic Shelter #1 in Shenandoah County Park
- Autumn Photography Workshop with Sharon Fisher! – SBSP, Lupton EntranceSign up here!
- Autumn Lecture Series: Fish Populations in the North Fork – ZoomRegister to attend the talk here!
Friends of the North Fork of the Shenandoah River is pleased to announce a 2021 Autumn Lecture Series entitled -…
For our final 'Voices of the Shenandoah: In Story and Song' event this season, Friends of the North Fork of…
Thank you to the nearly 175 people who gathered this past Saturday, October 2nd, at Fort Valley Nursery’s outdoor venue…
On Friday, September 17th, the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) lifted its harmful algae bloom advisory for the 52.5 mile…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Facing our fears: How we can make the outdoors safe, not scary
- Potomac River dolphins also suffer from viral outbreaks - Here’s how to help
- Ask An Expert: Should you leave your leaves?
- “Trick or treat” with 6 creepy critters from the Potomac River
- 5 *completely legal* ways to pollute the Potomac
- Quiz: The bats in your backyard!
- Listen to dolphins in the Potomac River! Here’s what they’re telling us…
- WHEN IT’s BROWN, TURN AROUND!