One River, One Community, One Shared Commitment.
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
- Shenandoah River Rangers Summer Camp (rising 4th – 8th graders) – Strasburg High School; Field trips to Seven Bends State Park and canoeing on the North ForkRegister for the camp here!
- 2021 Fish Fry Float for Father’s Day – Strasburg Town Park
- Shenandoah River Players Summer Camp (rising 1st – 3rd graders) – Strasburg High School; Field trip to Seven Bends State Park
Our t-shirt fundraising campaign is now live! Buy a long- or short-sleeved Friends of the North Fork t-shirt to help…
Your input is needed on the Shenandoah Valley Rail Trail. State agencies have launched a study to assess the feasibility of converting 49…
Register here for Session 1 or Session 2 of the Shenandoah Reel Women Summer Camps! Session 1 SCPR Code: 330621-A…
Friends of the North Fork just wrapped up the last lecture of our Seven Bends Lecture Series this past weekend,…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Why Washington is hotter than Winchester - how to deal with summer in the city
- Video: How to be a Potomac River Paddling Pro
- E. coli levels on the Rise
- Stream Under Siege Update
- Stream Under siege in Martinsburg WV
- FOSR’s 2021 Summer E. coli Results through 06.03.2021
- Only with YOUR SUPPORT
- Welcoming Summer 2021: FOSR’s 1st Summer E. coli Results