Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
February 23, 2020, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
March 8, 2020, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Friends is taking part in Shenandoah County Chamber of Commerce's Leap of Kindness Day. How will you use your extra…
The upcoming trail technician training workshop is required for those interested in participating in the bluebird nest box monitoring project…
After 12 years at Friends of the North Fork, this is what it's all about. I became "Mrs. Frenzel" with…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Save the Sampling Date!
- 15 of our favorite local date spots for the outdoor romantic
- Massanutten TU Spring 2020
- Surprising ways 5 local critters survive the cold
- Potomac Conservancy statement on the EPA's Unprecedented Assault on the Clean Water Act
- This DC neighborhood is perfect for paddling… and it’s rich with black history
- Study finds snakeheads are affecting native fish populations
- The Potomac is trashed with plastic litter - Here are the top 5 plastics we're finding