Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
Join us for an informative presentation, tasty brunch, volunteer appreciation award, and brief members business meeting. 10 am to noon,…
Join us for our third annual lecture series with a great line up of speakers! Thank you to our lecture…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Until We Meet Again
- Nature’s medicine: 8 native plants with quite a history
- The Potomac is trashed with plastic litter – Here are the top 5 plastics we’re finding
- Solar panels vs. trees: A real debate or a false dichotomy?
- Study finds the Potomac is getting saltier, threatening drinking water and wildlife
- Our favorite local date spots for the outdoor romantic
- Berries and more: 6 ways your winter garden can help wildlife survive the cold