Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
People have always gathered around water. It is necessity itself. Like you, I’ve spent some of my best time in…
Join us for our 2nd annual Fish Fry Float for Father's Day in partnership with the Town of Strasburg! The…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- FOSR’s 2019 Summer E. coli Results through 06.12.2019
- FOSR’s 2018 Summer E. coli Testing Project Report Summary
- New contest invites the public to name Potomac River dolphins
- Ask the Expert: Who are the dolphins in the Potomac River?
- 3 Pollutants in the Potomac River You've Never Heard of
- Forget single-use plastics—Here are 4 practical, reusable alternatives that will cut down on litter found in the Potomac