Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
March 25, 2018, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
April 8, 2018, 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
Ready for fun and exploration outside? Join the River Players or River Rangers! Our summer camps are run in conjunction…
Great beer takes fine water. Excellent breweries help keep that water clean. We are very pleased to announce that sales…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- F3T Film Hits The Burg
- TU Speaker: March 13th – Mark Frondorf “Health of the Shenandoah River”
- Read Fontinalis March / April 2018
- Why does densely populated DC have so much wildlife?
- Study finds globally rare plants and habitat on White Horse Mountain
- 5 ways to pollute the Potomac River that are completely legal
- Study finds the Potomac is getting saltier, threatening drinking water and wildlife
- 3 ways to show your love for the Potomac