Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
Join us for our third free lecture series with a great line up of speakers! All lectures are held at…
Workshops are run in partnership with Shenandoah County Parks and Recreation. Registration opens January 1, 2019. Please register through their…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Landowners’ Dinner
- Massanutten TU Upcoming Events 2019
- Surprising ways 5 local critters survive the cold
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. cared about the environment – and 3 other surprising facts about the renowned civil rights leader
- 30th Year Being a Champion for the Shenandoah River Watershed
- Potomac Conservancy protects 270-acre upstream forest
- A fork in the river: Will Amazon’s new headquarters model river-friendly development, or exacerbate pollution problems for the Potomac River?
- Host a river-friendly holiday party with these 12 easy tips