Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
Friends of the North Fork of the Shenandoah River is pleased to announce that David Brotman will join the Friends…
(Camp Registration opens May 1, 2019) Register with Shenandoah County Parks and Recreation online at: https://shenandoahcountyva.us/parks/ or call their office…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- New contest invites the public to name Potomac River dolphins
- Ask the Expert: Who are the dolphins in the Potomac River?
- 3 Pollutants in the Potomac River You've Never Heard of
- Forget single-use plastics—Here are 4 practical, reusable alternatives that will cut down on litter found in the Potomac
- Top threats to native fish in the Potomac River
- Staff picks: 4 books that will strengthen your relationship with nature
- Going for a run? Here's how you can help the environment while exercising.
- Ask an Expert: Why is plastic pollution increasing in Virginia?