Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
We are excited to hear the latest updates on fascinating research being done in the North Fork and elsewhere in…
Annual Fish Fry and Auction Bid on services, sporting goods, vacations, art work, meals, and much more. Thanks to these…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Dr. Peter Brookes “Fishing the Tidal Basin” Oct 9th
- Swimming called off for 2018 Nation’s Escape Triathlon – Here’s why
- Report gives the Anacostia River its first ever passing grade
- The “perfect storm” that caused Ellicott City to flood, and what we can do about it
- Get Your Hands Dirty for Clean Water… and Wildlife!
- Nation’s Escape Triathlon and Potomac Conservancy team up for clean water
- Ask the Expert: What do we know about the dolphins in the Potomac River?
- 5 local plants you’d never guess are invasive