One River, One Community, One Shared Commitment.
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
- Annual Fish Fry and Auction Fundraiser – Fort Valley Nursery, 1175 Hisey Ave; Woodstock, VA.Buy Tickets Here!
- FSBSP Open Public Meeting –
- Massanutten Regional Library Cultural Lecture Series Talk by Mariama Dryak – “Conserving and Protecting the River: Your Role and Ours” – Massanutten Regional Library, 174 S Main St, Harrisonburg, VA 22801
On Friday, September 17th, the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) lifted its harmful algae bloom advisory for the 52.5 mile…
Each year, Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources (DWR) samples for Smallmouth Bass (SMB) age 0 (approx. 60mm in length) in…
After nearly five weeks with no rain in the Shenandoah Valley, as FNFSR's Program Coordinator (Mariama) and Education Support Specialist…
The 2021 John Wilburn Scholarship awardee, Kathryn Motley, spent her summer in working with a JMU master student collecting benthic…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Listen to dolphins in the Potomac River! Here’s what they’re telling us…
- WHEN IT’s BROWN, TURN AROUND!
- People, Health, and Justice: How climate change is impacting our local communities
- 7 tricks for talking about the climate crisis...so that people will listen
- Ask An Expert: 7 simple tips for photographing the Potomac River
- FOSR’s 2021 Summer E. coli Results through 08.25.2021
- 7 brilliant ways to relax, destress, and help the Potomac River (at the same time!)
- Shenandoah National Park Temporarily Suspends Fishing