Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
The first annual First Day Hike was held at Seven Bends State Park to begin the New Year by getting…
Workshops are run in partnership with Shenandoah County Parks and Recreation. Registration opens January 1, 2020. Please register through their…
Join us for our fourth annual lecture series with a great line up of speakers! Free and open to the…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- 15 of our favorite local date spots for the outdoor romantic
- Massanutten TU Spring 2020
- Surprising ways 5 local critters survive the cold
- Potomac Conservancy statement on the EPA's Unprecedented Assault on the Clean Water Act
- This DC neighborhood is perfect for paddling… and it’s rich with black history
- Study finds snakeheads are affecting native fish populations
- The Potomac is trashed with plastic litter - Here are the top 5 plastics we're finding
- 15,000 acres and counting: Explore the protected lands of the Potomac River