One River, One Community, One Shared Commitment.
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
This past Sunday, March 7, 2021, Russell Kohrs gave an engaging overview of the story of how the Shenandoah Valley…
Sunday, February 8, marked the first lecture of the 2021 Seven Bends Lecture Series: How Water Shapes the Valley with…
A Changing of the Guard After three intensive years at the helm, our Chairman of the Board, Frank Cihlar, sounding…
Down By the Riverside: Burial Practices of the Enslaved by Sarah Kohrs When? February 7, 2021 at 3:00 pm – 4:00…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- A Feminist Climate Action Reading List...for everyone
- Your backyard can help clean the Potomac — here's how
- Welcome to wildflower season! Can you spot them all?
- 15,000 acres and counting: Explore the protected lands of the Potomac River
- Crucial public awareness and comment opportunity on the water-quality assessment methods used by DEQ for Virginia’s waters
- The Real Reason People Litter – and How You Can Help
- 7 tricks for talking about the climate crisis...so that people will listen
- An extensive list of genuinely useful tips for getting outside in winter