One River, One Community, One Shared Commitment.
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
Welcome Mariama Dryak—our new Program Coordinator for education and science at Friends of the North Fork of the Shenandoah River!…
Our Auction this year was unconventional but still a big success! Many heartfelt thanks to those who donated auction items…
Like many this year, Friends was not able to hold our beloved summer camps in person. So we got creative…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Moving forward for the Potomac River and our community
- New Potomac Report Card downgrades Potomac River’s health - see the new grade
- Quiz: The bats in your backyard!
- Ask the Expert: How does your grocery list impact the Potomac River?
- “Trick or treat” with 6 creepy critters from the Potomac River
- 3 threats to the Potomac River with serious scare potential
- FOSR’s 2020 Summer E. coli Results through 09.24.2020
- Raging waters of the Opequon Creek