Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
December 2018 Message from John Eckman, Executive Director. The next time you see me near Woodstock, I expect to be in…
Workshops are run in partnership with Shenandoah County Parks and Recreation. December registration is open, later workshops will come later.…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Potomac Conservancy protects 270-acre upstream forest
- A fork in the river: Will Amazon’s new headquarters model river-friendly development, or exacerbate pollution problems for the Potomac River?
- Host a river-friendly holiday party with these 12 easy tips
- Extreme stream makeover: 3 local creeks are transformed
- Donate today to stop polluted runoff from reaching our river
- Holiday Dinner 2018 – Tuesday Dec 4 6pm
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- Register Now for Pure Water Forum Annual Meeting and Shenandoah Summit III Nov. 16