Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
Creek Freaks Educator Training Workshop When: Tuesday, July 10th, 9:30am-5pm Cost: $10 Where: Friends of the North Fork office, 305…
Thanks to everyone who came out and enjoyed a day on the river at Strasburg Town Park, his year and…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- 7 hidden gems and little known parks to explore this summer
- Take Action: Save Montgomery County’s clean water funding
- Photos: After 10 inches of rain, the Potomac hit its highest level in eight years
- Help Needed. Flood Cleanup (6/21).
- Want to make your morning runs more river friendly? Here’s how.
- 7 threatened animals to keep an eye out for on your next hike
- Fighting the invaders: what you can do to combat invasive fish
- Your backyard can help clean the Potomac—here’s how