Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
(Camp Registration opens May 1, 2019) Register with Shenandoah County Parks and Recreation online at: https://shenandoahcountyva.us/parks/ or call their office…
2019 High School and College Summer Intern Position Description The Friends of the North Fork of the Shenandoah River (Friends)…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Top threats to native fish in the Potomac River
- Staff picks: 4 books that will strengthen your relationship with nature
- Going for a run? Here’s how you can help the environment while exercising.
- Ask an Expert: Why is plastic pollution increasing in Virginia?
- Until We Meet Again
- Nature’s medicine: 8 native plants with quite a history
- The Potomac is trashed with plastic litter – Here are the top 5 plastics we’re finding
- Solar panels vs. trees: A real debate or a false dichotomy?