Our River, Our Community, Our Choice
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
On October 11, students from Broadway High School participated in a day of giving back to their community. There were…
In this ground-breaking collaborative, Friends of the North Fork will be working with a large cohort of Valley-based conservation organizations.…
by show curator Ellen Fairchild-Flugel The Celebrate Seven Bends art show at Muse Vineyards provided a beautiful backdrop for Friends'…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Eels are nearly extinct in the Potomac. Here’s why we want to bring them back.
- The Wrong Solution: American Legion Bridge expansion threatens our river
- Where did all the eels go? Why the Potomac River needs this slippery friend.
- The Real Reason People Litter – and How You Can Help
- Berries and beyond: 6 ways your winter garden can help wildlife survive the cold
- 12 tips for a river-friendly holiday season
- Indigenous Voices: Discover the beauty of Nanjemoy Creek
- 7 Potomac success stories to be thankful for this year