One River, One Community, One Shared Commitment.
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
- Bird Walk at Seven Bends State Park with Martha Heisel – Lupton Entrance, Seven Bends State ParkRegister Online
- Bird Walk at Seven Bends State Park with Kirk Andrews – Lupton Entrance, Seven Bends State ParkRegister Online
- Deadline for “Voices of the Shenandoah” storytelling & original music submissionsRead more about the competition and how to enter here!
Join the ranks of avid river stewards (remotely!) this Earth Day weekend and help to keep the river clean! Participate…
This past Sunday, April 11, 2021, Paul Bugas and Matt Wolanski gave an engaging overview of how riparian buffers play…
We have extended the application deadline for the NFCC spring session (April 9-May 14) and expanded the age range to…
Mark your calendars for registration beginning May 1, 2021! Shenandoah Reel Women on the River - Fly Fishing Workshop for…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- 5 *completely legal* ways to pollute the Potomac
- Study finds globally rare plants and habitat on mountain protected by Potomac Conservancy
- Streamside Scavenger Hunt: Can you find these flowers?
- Potomac Conservancy statement of solidarity with Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
- A Feminist Climate Action Reading List...for everyone
- Your backyard can help clean the Potomac — here's how
- Welcome to wildflower season! Can you spot them all?