One River, One Community, One Shared Commitment.
Founded in 1988, our mission is to keep the North Fork of the Shenandoah River clean, healthy, and beautiful through advocacy, community action, education and science. Friends serves as the “community support organization” for Seven Bends State Park and assists other public lands sites with programs and projects throughout our watershed.
There are no upcoming events.
Good river stewards clean up at the beloved Blue Hole in Rockingham County. Friends is at it again! Join us…
Like many this year, Friends was not able to hold our beloved summer camps in person. So we got creative…
When Shenandoah Riverkeeper’s Alan Lehman contacted Friends to report a concentration of tires in the North Fork along the Red…
River News From Across The State
See updates from a variety of our partners working around the Valley and beyond.
- Raging waters of the Opequon Creek
- FOSR’s 2020 Summer E. coli Results through 09.10.2020
- FOSR’s 2020 Summer E. coli Results through 09.02.2020
- Ask An Expert: Should you leave your leaves?
- FOSR’s 2020 Summer E. coli Results through 08.25.2020
- F3T is waiting for you
- When its brown, turn around!
- 6 types of trash that harm local animals (and what you can do to help)