We need busy people who love to get things done!
The strength of our organization is in a solid group of volunteers who help with a wide variety of activities. Some enjoy getting dirty in the river, others like to put on nice events. Whatever floats your boat, we appreciate all sorts of volunteer time and energy.
To sign up for upcoming volunteer events click here
There are many other ways to get involved. Please sign up to be a volunteer and let us know your interests.
- Monitoring the river — both regular water sampling with Friends of the Shenandoah River’s monitoring program, and other specialized projects
- Cleanups — every spring and fall we pull tons of stuff out of the river
- Helping with Seven Bends State Park
- Volunteer with the Riparian Buffer Support Team
- Event planning and set up
- Advocacy — attending public meetings to stay informed about local decisions, letter writing, tabling at events, educating the public
- Workshops — help with logistics, food, organizing and instructing
- Serving on various committees — Science, Education, Advocacy, Action
- Office help — stuffing envelopes, writing, database management, graphic design, photography