Family Fun Day is a North Fork tradition. Since 2007, Friends of the North Fork has worked with dozens of partner groups to provide outdoor experiences for children and parents.
The 2016 event was held July 30th at the yet to be opened Seven Bends State Park near Woodstock. Previous events have been in other town parks and on private farms. The three constants are kids, water, and fun.
Check back in the spring for news about next year’s event!
Thanks to all our great 2016 adventurers, presenters, and exhibitors.
· Fishing (with Friends of the North Fork)
· Kayaking (with Route 11 Outfitters)
· Archery (with the Green Bow Foundation)
· River snorkeling (with NorthBay Adventure)
· Meet wild animals (with Valley Wildlife Care)
· Fly Fishing demonstrations (with Murray’s Fly Shop)
· Fred Frenzel and some snakes (Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries)
NOTE: This was a special, one-time event. The Park is not open to the public.
Special thanks to our event sponsors and the hundreds of members of Friends of the North Fork who make this possible!
This program is supported by the 2015 Virginia Wildlife eStore (www.ShopDGIF.com) Grant Program through a partnership between the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries and the Wildlife Foundation of Virginia.