Help us design a logo for our new volunteer organization!
Logo Contest Official Rules
The purpose of this contest is to design a logo for Friends of Seven Bends State Park, a community support organization, currently under the auspices of Friends of the North Fork of the Shenandoah River (FNFSR).
Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing to enter into a contract with FNFSR as required below. If entrant is under 18 years of age, parental/guardian consent is required.
How to Enter
1. Entries must be submitted by email to [email protected]. The email must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant. The e-mail subject should read: Logo Contest.
2. Up to three entries may be submitted per Entrant.
3. The deadline for Entries is 12:00 AM on Saturday, April 4, 2020.
4. There is no fee to enter the Contest.
1. Flexibility is a key requirement. The most usable logos will be adaptable to print, merchandise, signage, and online formats. Convertibility to a small icon also makes a stronger logo candidate. 2. The logo must contain the words “Friends of Seven Bends State Park.” No other text should appear in the design. 3. The logo should be created in a vector art program such as Adobe Illustrator so as to be scalable. No raster art should be included in the design. Black and white count as colors. 4. The submitted logo should be no more than 6” x 6” in size. Using a 2-page PDF, entrants should include a black and white version of the logo on one page and a color version (maximum 3 colors) on the second page.
Subject to the requirements outlined above, the winning design will be announced at the Seven Bends State Park Grand Opening Celebration on May 2, 2020. Every effort will be made to inform the winner in time for them to attend.
The winning designer will receive:
1. A $250 cash prize.
2. The right to use, but not own, the basic logo and identify themself as the logo designer
Judging and Selection of Winner
1. The winning design will be selected by the Logo Committee for Friends of Seven Bends State Park (under FNFSR). 2. The Logo Committee for Friends of Seven Bends State Park reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
3. The Logo Committee for Friends of Seven Bends State Park reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
4. The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to Friends of the North Fork of the Shenandoah River.
5. Accepting the prize constitutes permission for Friends of Seven Bends State Park to make public and otherwise use the winner’s name for publicity purposes. Further personal information may be requested but is not required.
6. By entering, the winning entrant agrees that their name and photograph may be used by Friends of Seven Bends State Park and FNFSR for promotional purposes without further remuneration.
1. All submitted work must be original.
2. The winning entry will be registered by FNFSR as a Service Mark and the Entrant agrees to transfer all right and title to the Entry to FNFSR in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that they have read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and FNFSR in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and FNFSR and relating to the Contest.
About Friends of Seven Bends State Park
Friends of Seven Bends State Park is a volunteer organization dedicated to supporting Seven Bends State Park. FSBSP will be coordinating many special volunteer projects to assist with park development and maintenance, as well as educational and informational programming. FSBSP looks forward to the thoughtful development of the park and being an active partner to help the community take advantage of its increased river access and educational programming opportunities.
No purchase necessary.
There will be only one prize winner for this contest.
The prize winner is only entitled to the prize, and must sign and deliver to FNFSR a release waiving any rights to further compensation prior to delivery of the prize to the winner. All other entries and entrants are not entitled to any compensation whatsoever. Rules are subject to change without notice.
Friends of the North Fork of the Shenandoah River is a nonprofit 501(c) (3) organization
Contact Friends at 540-459-8550, or [email protected]