Fly Fishing on the River 2023 This program is supported by the 2023 Virginia Wildlife…
Check Out Our Spring Lectures on Youtube!
Friends of the North Fork just wrapped up the last lecture of our Seven Bends Lecture Series this past weekend, and is ecstatic to be able to share them with those who were not able to make them on the day via recordings hosted on the Friends of the North Fork Youtube channel. There you can access the following talks:
- Down by the Riverside: Burial Practices of the Enslaved by Sarah Kohrs
- A Geological Odyssey Through Deep Time by Russell Kohrs
- Connections between Riparian Buffers, Water Quality and Fish Habitat by Paul Bugas and Matt Wolanski
- A Sedimental Journey: How Historic Deforestation Degrades Waterways Today by Chris Bolgiano
- Woodstock Reservoirs: A Brief History of Water in Woodstock by Mariama Dryak*
We want to extend a wholehearted thank you to both the lecturers for sharing their various bits of knowledge and expertise with the community within our watershed and beyond, and the people who attended the lectures as well. Friends of the North Fork lives and thrives on membership; if you are interested in getting involved or learning more about Friends programming, check out what we are currently working on at: fnfsr.org/events/.
Stay tuned for more programming announcements soon to follow!
*talk done by FNFSR Program Coordinator Mariama Dryak for the Shenandoah County Historical Society’s 20th Annual Shenandoah County Heritage Day